Thursday, May 21, 2009

Empty Spaces in the City

I'm updating this week from New York where the weather is gorgeous. I
couldn't help not capturing this scene across from Union Square in
Manhattan. The entire block is going out of business. Circuit City
has already closed and the Virgin Mega Store is holding it's closing
sale now. Both entire chains are closing due to many factors
including this rough economy.

I have noticed more empty storefronts in the city compared to my visit
last year - but it's not as bad as I expected. Manhattan still is a
major tourist draw plus a few million people all live in such a small
area.

Those are just my development observations from NYC. This is the
first time I've ever posted from my phone, so let me know if there are
any formatting errors.

2 comments:

  1. No problems at all. Everything you posted look OK. Have a good time in the BIG APPLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too was looking at it on my blackberry and now that I am looking on my laptop a few lines did not complete but went to the next line.

    ReplyDelete