Friday, May 22, 2009

Office Depot Takes Over for Office Max


Office Depot has opened a new Lafayette location in the former Office Max at Johnston and Ambassador Caffery.  The Office Max chain closed a large number of stores over a year ago, including the Lafayette store.  I wondered if Office Depot would close the company's original Lafayette location (Johnston near Camellia), but that store still is open.

Also - another new Office Depot should open soon on Louisiana Ave. at I-10.  That will bring the chain's Lafayette store count to four.  

3 comments:

  1. That store has been open for a couple of years now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This strikes me as very odd. The two Johnston St. stores are fairly close--perhaps a mile or less? My guess is that they expect to eventually close the original store. I stopped there to get something this past weekend and it had that intangible store-on-the-decline feel. The newer location takes advantage of proximity to Amb. Caffery and its de-facto shopping district. On the other hand, the original location is hard to get to and out of if one is coming from Amb. Caffery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. David, I think that store has been open for at least two years. I believe they moved in right after Office Max moved out. I am almost certain.

    ReplyDelete